Coastal understands that one of the most important factors in a successful implementation is the quality of user training that takes place prior to the system activation.
Whether you have multiple facilities or a single department, Coastal can provide the comprehensive training necessary to ensure that your staff will be confident and productive users of the technology. Coastal understands the complexities involved in introducing a software system to end-users. We can help to train users in a way that is timely, cost-effective and that promotes long-term skill retention.
Like most healthcare facilities, you may be faced with a number of challenges when planning your training strategy. These may include:
- Training a large number of users in a short timeframe
- Coordinating the scheduling of rooms, equipment and users
- Writing training curriculum
- Educating a team of trainers to provide end-user training
- Developing a physician-education plan
- Determining the most efficient use of media
Coastal’s expertise in managing large, complex training projects can help to address these challenges. We work closely with your training and information technology teams to create a training plan and to help you identify the resources needed to complete all tasks, on schedule.
Coastal’s training consultants can assist you with:
- Managing projects
- Developing curriculum
- Providing Subject Matter Experts (“SMEs”) for all application areas
- “Training the Trainer” education
- Loading of patient data and database “refresh”
- Developing and programming Computer-Based Training (“CBT”)
- Activation support
- Coastal can develop training solutions that use a variety of approaches, depending upon your objectives, audience, curriculum and resources
Dr. Tom Karson, MD, Chief Medical Information Officer, Continuum Health Partners
I attribute the success of our roll-out of our new clinical information system to the comprehensive training program that took place prior to the system implementation. The training provided our staff with the knowledge and hands on experience to ensure that they are confident users of the system. They also understand the broader vision and purpose behind our IT investment.
I attribute the success of our roll-out of our new clinical information system to the comprehensive training program that took place prior to the system implementation. The training provided our staff with the knowledge and hands on experience to ensure …